Friday, April 17, 2009

24 Weeks

Dear Son,


My how you have grown, and your kicks and rolls are proof of that (really, I had no idea little boys liked to kick their mamas in the hooha quite so frequently!). Babycenter has been keeping me updated on your progress, just as it did with your big sister. There's only one problem: It keeps making me picture you as a fruit or vegetable rather than a human child.


For instance, a mere two weeks ago you were my little spaghetti squash, then last week, you were a large mango (delicious!). This week, you are an ear of corn but next week, you're going to turn into a rutabaga! Can you even imagine? I can't, because I honestly don't really even know what a rutabaga looks like! Is it like a turnip? I had no idea. So I looked it up. And quite frankly, I was appalled. If you come out resembling this beast, I might be a little disturbed (although I will still love you just as much):





Is that hair on top?

At any rate, my sweet boy, you don't have to worry, as you have many delicious fruits and vegetables in your future of all shapes, colors and sizes: cucumbers and cauliflower, jicama and pineapple, until finally, in week 37, when you are the size of a watermelon and then, finally, as Babycenter so nonchalantly points out, a PUMPKIN. I know you do not yet know how babies are born, my dear boy, but trust me on this: If you are actually shaped like a pumpkin and not an actual baby (which is hard enough to give birth to), I'm in big big trouble.

Love,
Mommy

0 comments: